Residencies are our specialty—two days to five weeks. The Eye’s uniqueness is that we’re both complex and simple-minded: complex in our synthesis of styles, simple in our plain, gut fascination with human beings. In designing residencies, we talk with you about your aims, then suggest options.
- Performances from our duo repertory.
- Workshops in improvisation, mask performance, ensemble methods, playwriting, many others.
- Lecture-demos on directorial concepts, audio drama, and play-making.
- Creation of full-length ensemble pieces.
Past production residencies:
- Ragnarok with Shotgun Players, Berkeley, CA
- Long Shadow at Foothill Theatre, Nevada City, CA
- Lost City at Company One, Boston, MA
- Marie Antoinette at Jean Cocteau Repertory, New York, NY
- Carrier at Theatre of the First Amendment & George Mason University
- Hammers at Towson State University
- Realists at Juniata College
- Camino Real at Franklin & Marshall College
- Klansmen at Lebanon Valley College
- Family Snapshots at Genesee Community College
- Dividing Lines at University of the Arts
- Immigrants at Independence Seaport Museum
- Knock Knock at University of Delaware
Plus hundreds of short-term visits nationwide.
A few responses to our workshops & residencies:
Their functioning together as an artistic team is wonderful to watch. They have such an abundance of skills and talents between them that there is little that they can’t teach and share with students . . . . Conrad and Elizabeth are people of the highest aesthetic, ethical and pedagogical standards. I recommend them highly as artists and as teachers.—Juanita Rockwell, Director,
Graduate Program in Theatre,
Your workshop with our students was extraordinary and exemplary. In an hour or so you wasted not one single second. It was exciting for our students trembling on the brink of total commitment to this harsh, unforgiving, unfair, and grossly underpaid profession, to hear from two people who were making it, entirely on their own as writers, producers, director and actors. I want to thank you for one of the very best workshops we have ever had.—Tony Church, Dean,
National Theatre Conservatory
I would like to thank you for the magic of the past two weeks. Students are still reeling from the success of Family Snapshots. I will recommend The Independent Eye highly to my colleagues.—Marcia K. Morrison,
Director of Performing Arts,
Genesee Community College, NY